Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

STEP ? Modding option

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: STEP ? Modding option   Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Hello,

Curiousity, do you know about them / the project ?

So far, it is a collaborativ mod oriented as this one, if you did not know about it before, it could be quite another milestone for this project (either using the STEP "mods" as basis, or joining the project ? 

In any case, information is key as to understanding.

Then, as to the mod list, it is quite a pain to read (and to write of course). Still, arranging the list by type (content/changes) would be quite useful.

As to the mods, no Campfire ? Ill have to look better for others missing, still, it is a pretty impressive list so far.

Thanks + to be seen, take care.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STEP ? Modding option   Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm

seden wrote:
Hello,

Curiousity, do you know about them / the project ?

So far, it is a collaborativ mod oriented as this one, if you did not know about it before, it could be quite another milestone for this project (either using the STEP "mods" as basis, or joining the project ? 

In any case, information is key as to understanding.

Then, as to the mod list, it is quite a pain to read (and to write of course). Still, arranging the list by type (content/changes) would be quite useful.

As to the mods, no Campfire ? Ill have to look better for others missing, still, it is a pretty impressive list so far.

Thanks + to be seen, take care.

Yes,they are well known,if you know a little bit about Skyrim,there's a big change you know about them and the S.T.E.P.
Strangely enough i never did follow it and just went by trial and error and learning from other places like youtube in some cases.
However there are some big differences.They offer a guide on modding and building a mod-pack i offer a mod pack.

Here's lil bit how i feel by words of another person:

Quote :
Hey! Author of the beginner's guide here! I just wanted to pop in and say that this is a great perspective. I used STEP 2.2.8 when I first started modding and found it to be a great practice in installing a bunch of mods, creating my first profile, and getting some hands on experience. In the end though I felt much the same way...that I was restricted by the core. So I ended up wiping the profile and starting from scratch...this time however with a basic understanding of how mods work together, against each other, etc. I've never used STEP since.

As someone who had never downloaded a single mod before I found STEP to be a great "learning by doing" experience. It was training wheels. Eventually however we reach a point where we want to ride with out the training wheels...to go our own direction.

So I guess I am saying that on some level I feel that STEP is a great way for the truly brand new modder to get their hands a little dirty and build up the modding xp. For someone who knows enough to confidently build their own list from the ground up however it is a hindrance.

One of the survival mods has a campfire ability so you can get warm and stuff.

STEP ? Modding option
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to:  

Free counters!