Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on new edition coming out. I honestly didnt even know it was coming to pc, i thought it was for xb1 and ps4 only but there redoing the engine and now will have 64bit support which i know everyone hated the fact it was limited to 32. 

I'm no modding expert but i know 32 limited the amount of memory to be able to used, so now that its using 64 bit, what are some of the big pluses for this for current mods or even new mods now. I know its gonna be long long time before everyone even maybe uses the new edition over there already modded skyrim but i remember seeing forums flooded with ppl so wanting a 64 bit version back in day as it would solve alot of problems. 

So ya just curious what the bonus is and what ppl think or dread about it. Me personally im kinda excited but there is so many mods out now that i doubt would ever get updated to be used with new game if a update is needed to work with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:52 pm

The 64 bit is the only plus i would see in the remaster meaning performance could improve but it's not a know fact for now,depending on how they will upgrade/update the new version,if they only ported the engine to 64 and not do other optimizations,performance might not change that much on a heavily modded setup.One thing that i would really like to see is increased render distance for everything but i don't think that they'll change that as they are building their games with the same "blocks" system for about 10 years

For example i've set up VideoMemorySizeMb=26560 and the pack + enbhost manages to use 11GB of ram out of the available 16.
It also uses all your cores,hyperthreaded or not.

If they optimize the engine's performance and limitations it could be a game changer (no pun intended) but if they are just going for a quick money grab then nothing will really change, especially for people who already modded the game

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:04 pm

RottenDub wrote:
The 64 bit is the only plus i would see in the remaster meaning performance could improve but it's not a know fact for now,depending on how they will upgrade/update the new version,if they only ported the engine to 64 and not do other optimizations,performance might not change that much on a heavily modded setup.One thing that i would really like to see is increased render distance for everything but i don't think that they'll change that as they are building their games with the same "blocks" system for about 10 years

For example i've set up VideoMemorySizeMb=26560 and the pack + enbhost manages to use 11GB of ram out of the available 16.

If they optimize the engine's performance and limitations it could be a game changer (no pun intended) but if they are just going for a quick money grab then nothing will really change, especially for people who already modded the game

Ya i would really like for it to be better optimized as even on a vanilla install of this game, it can have some really bad stutter and performance issues. And they know how big the modding community is so would hope they aint just doing it for the money and maybe implying some fixes to allow modders more flexability in the future after the game matures some and some big name mods are able to be used on it. For now though im happy with what im getting though. 

Even if they do what everyone wants and adds the perfect fixes and just makes it the best version to use, its gonna simply take so long to mod authors that are still even active to maybe update/transfer mod over to new version ( maybe not idk ) but then u have mods that are still out and great to use but no longer are updated/maintained. Like DSAMG which im still amazed to this day wasnt picked back up by someone or remade as its a must have for me and was glad u added it and got it working as i couldnt myself but time will tell. 

Its still interesting to me though watching that 2nd youtube video. Ur fps amaze me because same gpu my friend has and even though i seem to of fixed my issue, u still seem to have overall higher frames through out the city and im on a 980 classy for now. Plan on doing a new build soon with new cpu and gpu ( snagging gpu first ) and quite anxious to try this pack out when i get gpu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:35 pm

RottenDub wrote:

Wait what.. Are you making us use RAM as VRAM, Because that's pretttttyyy slow..
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:48 am

Henkerror wrote:
Wait what.. Are you making us use RAM as VRAM, Because that's pretttttyyy slow..

Yup it's slower than VRAM but actually works really well for me at least with Skyrim since the GPU has 3GB of VRAM and the pack performs quite nicely like this maintaining a stable FPS and not going below 40 except on very low occasions, considering the game has to run 900 mods and still maintaining that performance.It could probably help that the RAM is DDR4 and running at higher frequency I'm happy with it ☺

Back to top Go down
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:44 am

RottenDub wrote:
Henkerror wrote:

Yup it's slower than VRAM but actually works really well for me at least with Skyrim since the GPU has 3GB of VRAM and the pack performs quite nicely like this  maintaining a stable FPS and not going below 40 except on very low occasions, considering the game has to run 900 mods and still maintaining that performance.It could probably help that the RAM is DDR4 and running at higher frequency I'm happy with it ☺
I was wondering why that video memory amount was so huge.  As an ATI video card user one of the first tweaks I've been making to my install of your pack is lowering VideoMemorySizeMb=26560 to 2048, the RAM my video card has.  I also have 32GBs of DDR4 regular RAM though, so if it's actually set to use that then maybe I should change that back, hah.  By the way your recent info on the AMD user thread's control panel settings is awesome.
I don't think the Skyrim re-release is worth looking into if it won't support at least most of the existing Skyrim mods, I care about the mods a lot more than the game by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:16 am

RottenDub wrote:
Henkerror wrote:

Yup it's slower than VRAM but actually works really well for me at least with Skyrim since the GPU has 3GB of VRAM and the pack performs quite nicely like this  maintaining a stable FPS and not going below 40 except on very low occasions, considering the game has to run 900 mods and still maintaining that performance.It could probably help that the RAM is DDR4 and running at higher frequency I'm happy with it ☺

Ohhh now that makes sense too as i also was curious why number was so high as i thought that was suppose to be our vram size or something. Makes sense though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Yes if your card supports DX11 and above ENB can use both your RAM and VRAM which can help with some stuttering on older graphic card or one with a lower amount of VRAM.Of course it can be different for different people but certainly work giving it a try if your FPS is lower than 40

http://enbdev.com/download_vramsizetest.htm

Back to top Go down
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:56 pm

RottenDub wrote:
Yes if your card supports DX11 and above ENB can use both your RAM and VRAM which can help with some stuttering on older graphic card or one with a lower amount of VRAM.Of course it can be different for different people but certainly work giving it a try if your FPS is lower than 40

http://enbdev.com/download_vramsizetest.htm
Holy cow.

Thanks!  I'd never heard of such a thing before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:02 pm

You should subtract 1000 or 2000 from that.
EG :

So it should be something like VideoMemorySizeMb=26560
This could also relieve some stress on from the GPU and even it will be 100% used might give it a little boost.

Quote :
Its still interesting to me though watching that 2nd youtube video. Ur fps amaze me because same gpu my friend has and even though i seem to of fixed my issue, u still seem to have overall higher frames through out the city and im on a 980 classy for now. Plan on doing a new build soon with new cpu and gpu ( snagging gpu first ) and quite anxious to try this pack out when i get gpu.

@Slider Towns rely more on the CPU side because of the spawning and pathfiding of the NPC's

Back to top Go down
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Ya my little 2600k is getting outdated it seems lately lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:38 am

RottenDub wrote:
You should subtract 1000 or 2000 from that.
EG :

So it should be something like VideoMemorySizeMb=26560
This could also relieve some stress on from the GPU and even it will be 100% used might give it a little boost.

Quote :

@Slider Towns rely more on the CPU side because of the spawning and pathfiding of the NPC's

My GTX1080 with 8GB VRAM should arrive tomorrow, I'll look into the values that I can use 

My other main system specs are an i7 6700k with 16GB DDR4
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?   Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:43 am

You should use 8192.There should be more than enough VRAM so you won't need to use the DDR RAM also as VRAM.

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on new Skyrim edition coming out?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!