Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

CTD when trying to save

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: CTD when trying to save   Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:30 am

I've been playing for a couple hours now and this has just become a problem, but whenever I try to save my game whether its New Save or Overwriting an old one it crashes to desktop. I don't know what it is, and it's confusing the hell out of me. Any ideas on what could be causing it? I've tried different locations and combinations of saving even items equipped but it's still crashing. Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:43 am

Update: Just tried quick saving and regular saving after sleeping and waiting for a couple days, stashed all my items in a barrel and left the dungeon I was in. And it still crashed. I really want to fix the save file and not have to delete it. I realize now that deleting older save files and not keeping backups is a horrible idea. I'm gonna go beat my head in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 am

ShadowFyre wrote:
Update: Just tried quick saving and regular saving after sleeping and waiting for a couple days, stashed all my items in a barrel and left the dungeon I was in. And it still crashed. I really want to fix the save file and not have to delete it. I realize now that deleting older save files and not keeping backups is a horrible idea. I'm gonna go beat my head in.

•Possible fix for CTD on save.
Since some people say their game crash on save i tried to reproduce it.
After many failures to crash the pack i sorted the load-order incorrectly both in left and right pane,this led to crashes on save.
•Doing this i've noticed the CTD on save kept happening after the load order was corrected.
•Also noticed the game tries to create a temporary save-game adding a .tmp after the name when crashing.
•To resolve go to your game-saves path and delete all the files that contain the .tmp extension 
C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves or X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\Saves
•Game should not crash now with a correct load order.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:00 pm

RottenDub wrote:
ShadowFyre wrote:

•Possible fix for CTD on save.
Since some people say their game crash on save i tried to reproduce it.
After many failures to crash the pack i sorted the load-order incorrectly both in left and right pane,this led to crashes on save.
•Doing this i've noticed the CTD on save kept happening after the load order was corrected.
•Also noticed the game tries to create a temporary save-game adding a .tmp after the name when crashing.
•To resolve go to your game-saves path and delete all the files that contain the .tmp extension 
C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves or X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\Saves
•Game should not crash now with a correct load order.
btw just noticed when looking at the pictures of the load order in the README folder, it's missing the 21-31. And mine does look different.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Just deleted the .tmp files of my saves, and it still crashes. I'm wondering if Mod Organizer caused it, because yesterday when I ran skse in MO it popped up a screen saying it wanted to modify the mod organizer ini file. I didn't know what to choose so I just hit skip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iNFaMoUZGaming
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 pm

Didn't the command "player.kill" fix this? it's a temporary fix, but it's a fix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:37 pm

iNFaMoUZGaming wrote:
Didn't the command "player.kill" fix this? it's a temporary fix, but it's a fix.

Thank you, I love you.... But why is it temporary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:07 pm

ShadowFyre wrote:
iNFaMoUZGaming wrote:

Thank you, I love you....  But why is it temporary?

This problem should not exist on 4.4

•Normal non-steam installation is recommended for maximum compatibility, no problems / no user error
•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk

Back to top Go down
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:16 am

Well, doing the player.kill console command worked for me. I just entered it then reloaded the save that wasn't working and I could save again, and so far I haven't had anymore problems saving. This is honestly the first problem I've come across, and honestly it's not a big deal. Thanks for the help!!!! Playing the shit out of Skyrim now lol

Big smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:48 am

It is a pity Rotten but CTD on save still exists, you have to do something to fix that issue in the future versions. The command player.kill is a waste of time, just load your save then load it again, then you will be able to save as usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:50 am

tolstyy wrote:
It is a pity Rotten but CTD on save still exists, you have to do something to fix that issue in the future versions. The command player.kill is a waste of time, just load your save then load it again, then you will be able to save as usual.
Out of curiosity tolstyy, are you playing Skyrim from within your C:\ drive in the Steam folder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:11 am

No, using X:\Skyrim by default.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:41 am

Damn, just happened again. shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:09 am

ShadowFyre wrote:
Damn, just happened again. shocked

Make sure you don't have any .tmp or .bak files in your save folder.Don't mess with the pack (adding and removing mods)

Back to top Go down
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:17 pm

Hey Rotten, the crashing on save is happening more often now. I have no clue what's caused it either. When it first started happened I never added any mods, messed with the load order, or any settings. I deleted all the .tmp and .bak files I could find but it's still happening. Anybody got any ideas what I should do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 am

There is no way to fix such an issue causing CTD. It will be in v5.0 and so on too. Only loading the save twice using player.kill command. Sorry, just go with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:41 am

tolstyy wrote:
There is no way to fix such an issue causing CTD. It will be in v5.0 and so on too. Only loading the save twice using player.kill command. Sorry, just go with it.

I'm fine with it, but is there an auto save mod installed? I checked the Mod List and in game Mod Configurator and couldn't find one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iNFaMoUZGaming
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:29 pm

ShadowFyre wrote:
tolstyy wrote:

I'm fine with it, but is there an auto save mod installed? I checked the Mod List and in game Mod Configurator and couldn't find one.

No, but I suggested it a little while ago, it's called AutoSave Manager, just make sure its only configured to save as "manual save", so there's less chance of savegame corruption, quicksaves and autosaves are "notorious" for breaking saves.

I'm playing with it and it has saved my ass so many times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Autosave manager can cause the game to just freeze in conjunction with the pack.

Always use manual save and disable all 3 types of autosave.

Back to top Go down
iNFaMoUZGaming
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: CTD when trying to save   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:48 pm

RottenDub wrote:
Autosave manager can cause the game to just freeze in conjunction with the pack.

I haven't noticed any freezes, other than when it saves, of course. If it saved at every event and every 5 minutes, that would be painful. 

I like it though, it's very configurable, I have mine set at every 45 mintues with manual save, whenever I've successfully picked a lock or pickpocket someone and when a quest is done. The short saving-freezez that happens once in a while is not really a burden vs the game crashing with no autosave.

I'd recommend it if that's the only issue, it looks to be compatible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CTD when trying to save
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!