Perfectly Modded
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  FacebookFacebook  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

5.0 Upgrading when released

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
InsaneJun
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:08 am

Will there be a way to upgrade to the new 5.0 without having to redo the whole skyrim folder and also use old saves we had????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:25 am

@InsaneJun wrote:
Will there be a way to upgrade to the new 5.0 without having to redo the whole skyrim folder and also use old saves we had????

Not really as i plan to update a lot of mods, add new mods and remove some mods.
Fresh install + new save highly recommended ( i will provide a save-game with most of the mods configured )

Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:53 pm

What is the approx date, before the New Year by chance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:07 pm

It's prooobably way too early to even ask, I imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotch_o
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 am

Just curious, I've never done a complete playthrough of Skyrim and found your awesome pack a few days ago. Was wondering if I ought to hold off for 5.0 or just play through on the current pack.

Thanks for all your awesome work on this either way, I've tried in the past to do modded playthroughs of skyrim spending a literal week getting mods and installing em and testing stuff and then finding myself burned out before I even really play. This install was easy, quick, and seems to run well...perfectly! So just thanks so much for taking all the work out of modding skyrim!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:17 pm

PMv4.4 was really just released, I think less than a month ago, and it's incredible.  There's always going to be an "even better" later on, but 4.4 is the best of the best right now.  I say play now, enjoy yourself as quickly as you can.  If Rotten released another Skyrim PM pack later on that'll just give future you the motivation to play it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 pm

I am waiting for 5.0 because I am concerned about 4.4 playthrough stability. Who will enjoy himself after a dozen of play hours if something happens like frequent ctds, broken saves and so on?. It is better to wait for the most stable pack with all the mods updated, more organized load order and a bunch of new quests and locations as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: 5.0   Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:13 pm

More info on 5.0 will be available soon for everyone on both the website and forum.
I don't know when it's going to be released as this might be the last version of Skyrim Perfectly Modded on the 32 bit engine for a lot of reasons, hardware limitations, my own PC limitation, engine limitation and the fact that it will achieve the goal it's set out and every aspect of the game was touched upon to the point that nothing much can be improved added IMO.As i've said more info soon.

4.4 is what you want to play if you cant wait some months.

It will be tested for several months before release to make sure it doesn't need upgrades/patches. Being the last on the 32 bit engine it has to be the best.

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:40 am

Do you have any plans to eventually attempt a perfectly modded build of the new Special Edition?

More than obviously there's no rush, and if you don't want to do all the work again I completely understand, but pretty much the sole reason I am not getting SSE is because I use your PM builds as base games, pretty much only installing armor, quest, weapon, and follower mods as well as a personal ENB I like. It would be amazing to see this game on the 64-bit engine, and frankly I've become so accustomed (spoiled, that is) to your SPM builds that I can't even go back to original Skyrim.

TL;DR just curious if you ever plan to attempt a perfectly modded build of the Special Edition, and if so do you plan to wait until many more mods are available, or make some 'beta' versions with what we'll have in the next couple months or so?

Thanks for all the hard work, ultimately I'll be fine using SPM 5.0 on windows 7, best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarikko
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:57 am

I too will wait for the 5.0

Maybe by that time, I would have also upgraded my pc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:05 am

Holy shit Rotten, you just got done with 4.4 and you're already thinking about 5.0? Jesus man, relax a little so you don't work yourself into the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 5.0 Upgrading when released   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:26 pm

@Po1ntBlank Yes if all that's available on final version of the 32 bit version of the pack gets ported for SE

@ShadowFyre Yup a decent amount of work is already put towards it and you can check it's progress on http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/mod-list.html

5.0 Upgrading when released
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!