Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How to prevent cheese

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScratchModed
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: How to prevent cheese   Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:16 am

Aloha,

I was maybe 15 hours into the game and it happened.... The combination of Alchemy\Enchanting\Smithing has allowed me to totally and utterly cheese the game. I'm talking armor that prevents almost all enemy damage and weapons that could kill everything in 1 hit. it made dragon hunting feel like duck hunting.

Are there any mod settings that can prevent this?(or maybe a mod i could add) I would like a situation where I can't end up with an 811% fortify smithing potion and make the garb of a minor deity. 

I know the default answer would be "Have self control", but at some point even if I passively pursued those skills they would all cross that thresh hold of commonplace helpful items to game breaking disasters .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneJun
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent cheese   Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:30 pm

@ScratchModed wrote:
Aloha,

I was maybe 15 hours into the game and it happened.... The combination of Alchemy\Enchanting\Smithing has allowed me to totally and utterly cheese the game. I'm talking armor that prevents almost all enemy damage and weapons that could kill everything in 1 hit. it made dragon hunting feel like duck hunting.

Are there any mod settings that can prevent this?(or maybe a mod i could add) I would like a situation where I can't end up with an 811% fortify smithing potion and make the garb of a minor deity. 

I know the default answer would be "Have self control", but at some point even if I passively pursued those skills they would all cross that thresh hold of commonplace helpful items to game breaking disasters .
you putting have self control in that paragraph screams you cheated with the item adding tool you could just you know up the level difficulty on enemies using console

Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent cheese   Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:29 pm

When you mod a game to this point, there really isn't an "easy balance" option other than cranking difficulty to max and having self-control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent cheese   Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 am

@TheLotus wrote:
When you mod a game to this point, there really isn't an "easy balance" option other than cranking difficulty to max and having self-control.

For now i'm keeping this under wraps but you guys will die a lot in 5.0 on any difficulty if not careful.

Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent cheese   Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Oh boy, are you gonna make this pack into The Journey 2.0? Cause that'll be awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to prevent cheese   Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:00 am

@TheLotus wrote:
Oh boy, are you gonna make this pack into The Journey 2.0? Cause that'll be awesome

Nop i won't, if i wanted to play The Journey didn't you think i'd just download and play that and not create the packs?

How to prevent cheese
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!