Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Method for subsituting a mod?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shihni
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Method for subsituting a mod?   Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Hey there,

I'm currently downloading the mod, and I'm pretty excited to give it a go but I'm wondering if there's a tutorial somewhere on how to substitute mods included in the pack?  I'd like to use UNP instead of CBBE for the female body, plus several UNP specific armor replacements.

Any idea on how to do this while keeping the correct load order?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Method for subsituting a mod?   Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:09 am

While I don't have an answer, I'm very interested myself to learn exactly how to best remove all of the CBBE and dependent mods and install UNP, I've been meaning to do that for a long time. Rotten, would you say it's possible to separate CBBE and everything dependent on it from other mods, and could users just untick all of them and then install all the UNP stuff to the same left pane install order area? I wonder how much it would mess with saves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Method for subsituting a mod?   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:40 am

It's possible of course but hard because in never used UNP or do i plan on doing so.

There are tens of mods that use CBBE meshes textures and fixes ( about 30 i think / or more if you count some armors) in the course of 2 years i forgot where everything is located exactly, some of them still lurk in \Data and not in \MO MODS

Secondly i did put quite a bit of effort into making everything work together with CBBE will as little errors/problems as possible.

So if anyone wants to convert to UNP it's possible but not recommended unless you are a very experienced modder and know what you are doing.

There is possibility to make a (3) UNP resembling body/s using bodyslide (last 3 options) and then patch build some of the armors to the same body type but again this takes some work and a little bit of experience.

Incorrectly messing with body type will lead to broken textures or even CTD

EDIT : You can enable RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp from BodySlide and Outfit Studio - [CBBE Studio] in MO (under optional plugins) and place it after RaceMenuPlugin.esp .
This will allow you to go wild in character creation and basically shape the body any way you want.

Just make sure to set 
AlignHeapAllocate=1
in X:\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\CrashFixPlugin.ini when you edit your character or the game will crash when using the morphs.

; Result: Fixes these type of crashes. Some people report longer loading times and higher memory usage with this enabled!
; Update: Disabled by default since it's incompatible with some ENB settings, higher memory usage and longer loading times.
;         It's safe and probably good to enable if you are ok with those downsides.

Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Method for subsituting a mod?   Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Oh my, I'll get used to CBBE then. I've been thinking about BodySlide and maybe finally utilizing it, I'm happy you could tell us a way we can customize these things safely. I've added this to my notes, thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Method for subsituting a mod?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!