Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How to X/skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BillyTheGeek
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: How to X/skyrim   Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:13 am

Hi guys, 

First above all thank you for the work involved in creating SPM. 

Nevertheless, step 1 is already a problem for me. 

How to instal skyrim so address reads X/Skyrim ? 

To be clear, my SSD being quite small, I partitionned by hard drive, created an X/ partition (nickname skyrim) and asked Steam to install the game there. But "Root can't be the folder" or something like that. 

The game needs to be in Steam usual folders. 

Can anybody help ? 

Cheers. 

Victory
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Hah, don't worry, there are just a couple little things to know.  X:/Skyrim is not the name of the drive but the whole directory Skyrim is to be in.  And I don't think Steam allows you to install anywhere custom, but after installing Skyrim to wherever it forces you to I believe you can just cut and paste that Skyrim folder to your new X: partition.  Then rename whatever the folder was called "The Elder Scrolls blablabla" to simply "Skyrim."  Ensure the game executable is within that Skyrim folder and you're all set up, at least for the very first step.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BillyTheGeek
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 am

Alright ! Thanks ! 

I'll try that and post my findings, if necessary, thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moshonkel
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:32 am

Is it a complicated process to install this in C:\Skyrim if i cannot rename the partition to x or create a new one called x?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:07 pm

@moshonkel wrote:
Is it a complicated process to install this in C:\Skyrim if i cannot rename the partition to x or create a new one called x?

moshonkel
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Hey,

very nice of you to take the time to post this. But i worded my question the way i did because its exactly the situation i am in. For whatever reason my computermanagement has errors and im unable to repair windows or create/rename partitions. Im now contemplating between completely formatting or trying a workaround for your great modpack. I assume correctly that there is no easy fix for your modpack to install correctly to a different partition?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:15 pm

@moshonkel wrote:
Hey,

very nice of you to take the time to post this. But i worded my question the way i did because its exactly the situation i am in. For whatever reason my computermanagement has errors and im unable to repair windows or create/rename partitions. Im now contemplating between completely formatting or trying a workaround for your great modpack. I assume correctly that there is no easy fix for your modpack to install correctly to a different partition?

Try running it as admin.

War.Balance
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

So my C drive doesn't have enough room to partition 80 gigs and i don't want to change the drive letter in fear of messing up other applications or games, so is there a way to make it work on the C drive, or is it sadly just not an option. If i were to try and mess with it and try and make it work on the C drive, would there be any damage done to the drive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 am

@War.Balance wrote:
So my C drive doesn't have enough room to partition 80 gigs and i don't want to change the drive letter in fear of messing up other applications or games, so is there a way to make it work on the C drive, or is it sadly just not an option. If i were to try and mess with it and try and make it work on the C drive, would there be any damage done to the drive?

If your only drive is C:\ and you are running out of space changing C:\ is not recommended. Most people have at least 2 partitions.
X:\ is the recommended options so i would suggest another HDD/SSD

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to X/skyrim   

Back to top Go down

How to X/skyrim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!