Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Expectations for SPM 5.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Monk
Pack Author mentioned mentioned that the new pack will focus on including quest/landmass mods such as Falskar. in addition to the following mods :

Falskaarhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?
The Notice Board : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70142/?
The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Optionshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26359/?
SKY CITY - Markarth Risinghttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58366/?
TRUE CITY - The Great Expansion of Solitudehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60430/?

What new Quest/Landmass mods can we expect in 5.0 AND by what quarter of 2017 can we expect 5.0 

Also, will you be releasing more youTube vids of the development process of SPM 5.0 ? 

Thanks, and keep up the good work ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Hey @SuperSixNine

•Well ...in short all the major/popular ones and everything in between that looks good and promising (basically as much as i can squeeze in without reaching 200GB in size [maybe] ) 

•No set date sorry (explained below)
•On new videos/streams (long explanation)

This will get just a lil bit long : Currently just moved to another rent out apartment,expecting my second daughter and working two jobs, free time is a little slim and i can't just work on SPM like i used to do (used to work 8-12h or more sometimes on it).

Same applies to streaming/videos/video editing which can take quite a chunk of time to do.When it comes streams i will try to do more development ones,mostly in weekends so you might want to keep your eyes out for them.

Another reason is that i might have a faulty PSU.
Hopefully i will get a new GPU soon (1070 GTX Strix) and maybe it won't be as much of a power hog as the one i have now.My PC did restart quite a number of times during streaming which might just be the PSU over-stressed or the GPU over-stressed.

Will have to see if it was one or the other as i don't really have the money to invest in both, prices are a little dicey here.

Back on the release date : there are numerous reasons why i can't approximate a date

-Time to work on it as I've tried to explain above
-The amount of time it takes to test everything as it will touch on many aspects of the game with a lot of new gameplay mechanics/combat/enemies/quests/landmasses/immersion mods
-I want 5.0 or V5 to be last version for 32 bit Skyrim and  without it needing a 5.1, 5.2 etc patch/update
-Want this pack to be the best yet so quality control will take even longer.

Hope this answers you questions.
Cheers!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 am

@RottenDub 

That sounds very good, 200gb sounds extreme (I may need to upgrade my SSD) but if that means its packed with content then that's awesome. 

Also, I know using donations to support this project may be frowned upon since the mods are freeware, but if compiling this pack + quality testing is going to take considerable effort. Why not allow donations to this project? I am sure the community both in this forum and others who would like to see this pack come to life; and would be more than happy to donate to it. That way you can upgrade your rig and reduce the project time. 

once this pack is finished, its likely going to be the ultimate Skyrim mod until the next game release or until Skyblivion/Skywind are out (whichever comes first)

Also: 

•  I know you said on the SPM site that 4k textures are still too expensive and resource intensive to run for most people. But will this pack feature 4k textures? (future-proofing) 
  • Considering the large amount of mods taking place on the backend, can you provide recommended specs for running this mod at maximum settings as it will be when it releases. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisaya
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:18 am

Early screenshots look absolutely stunning! I can't wait:)
If you need any help testing or anything - let me know :)
Congrats on your second daughter too :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:56 am

Rotten, is the mod list of November 2016 current, or you changed or added new mods? Also is there a new youtube stream coming soon on 5.0 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
micmou
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Legacy of the Dragonborn   Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 am

I know this has been asked before but what is the status of the inclusion of legacy of the dragonborn?

EDIT: BTW LotDB is finaaly complete V18 Finale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarikko
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:14 am

Yooooooooo rotten!!!

I'm till lurking lol

Was waiting for this pack tbh

Bro, is it possible to include the 4k mods as optionals for those with powerful PCs?

Cheers!

P.S: congrats on the newcomer... God bless!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Tarikko wrote:
Yooooooooo rotten!!!
I'm till lurking lol
Bro, is it possible to include the 4k mods as optionals for those with powerful PCs?
Cheers!

Hey @Tarikko long time no see.

After i'll get a new GPU (hopefully soon) and if the game engine can take it i see no reason why not ;)

Back to top Go down
Tarikko
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:22 pm

RottenDub wrote:
Tarikko wrote:
Yooooooooo rotten!!!
I'm till lurking lol
Cheers!

Hey @Tarikko long time no see.

After i'll get a new GPU (hopefully soon) and if the game engine can take it i see no reason why not ;)
Thanks for the prompt reply bro Rotten

Awaiting with much anticipation and eagerness

P.S: im always around :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:36 pm

I expect having as many quest mods as possible along with different player houses and castles to buy. Good luck Rotten !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
micmou

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:48 pm

I guess a good question is do you think I would be able to get away with running it on a 

980TI
16GB of ram
Win 10

That would be splendid and yes I know I am in need of a upgrade :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:49 pm

You need just a downgrade to Win7, everything else is fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
micmou

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:51 pm

tolstyy wrote:

Yeah I was thinking of Side Loading Windows 7 For Skyrim... I have the HDD space

Also I really do hope it will work out great as this one has LotDB and I have been pestering poor Rotten Since 4.0 came out :P

EDIT: That reply was stupid fast BTW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:53 pm

HDD is obsolete. Get SSD or better - M.2 SSD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
micmou

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:54 pm

tolstyy wrote:

IK like I said upgrade... Anyway my boot drive is an SSD main storage is an HDD. 

My upgrade that I am planning on will use a large SSD and a m.2 for boot. Also trying to decide between the Next Gen of Intel or Ryzen because 8th gen will be out before I can upgrade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:31 pm

micmou wrote:
tolstyy wrote:

IK like I said upgrade... Anyway my boot drive is an SSD main storage is an HDD. 

My upgrade that I am planning on will use a large SSD and a m.2 for boot. Also trying to decide between the Next Gen of Intel or Ryzen because 8th gen will be out before I can upgrade.

A quick or modest SSD for boot i think it's enough to get all the programs running fast enough (10-15 s for windows boot time with a 50$ SSD). I would keep the m.2 for games that are know to load slower when modded or just want faster loading time one them(Skyrim,Fallout 4,Dragon Age Inquisition,Gothic 3, XCOM2 etc) but it's up to you how you want to use it of course.

Loading time on SPM 5.0 so far(on 4.4 also)
- A good HDD 60 -> 90s
-Modest SSD 30 -> 60s
-m.2 drive initial save game loading 10 ->15 ->20s (20 in rare cases) | Transition into big towns 5 ->10s | Transition to smaller areas is sometime instant or just a few seconds.

Back to top Go down
Walkerz

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 am

tolstyy wrote:

Wait so you can't use the mod pack on win10?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlkawaii

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 am

Can i ask you to add a true companion please ? I mean something like "Vilja", not just an eye candy ?
edit: i must precise, it's important for me basically because my games is more "living with a companion in a fantasy world" than anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Walkerz wrote:
tolstyy wrote:

Wait so you can't use the mod pack on win10?

You can it's just that DX9 apps can't use more than 4GB of VRAM on windows 10 but they can use more on windows 7.Strange decision by Microsoft but it is what it is.

jlkawaii wrote:
Can i ask you to add a true companion please ? I mean something like "Vilja", not just an eye candy ?
edit: i must precise, it's important for me basically because my games is more "living with a companion in a fantasy world" than anything else.

I've only added a few for 2 reasons.
1 - so everyone can add their own favorite companions
2 - adding heavy scripted companions can mess with the performance quite a lot depending on systems and CPU power etc.

Back to top Go down
jlkawaii

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:18 pm

jlkawaii wrote:
Quote :

2 - adding heavy scripted companions can mess with the performance quite a lot depending on systems and CPU power etc.

Ok, i understand, i'll do that :)
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkerz

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:16 pm

jlkawaii wrote:
jlkawaii wrote:
Quote :

Ok, i understand, i'll do that :)
Thank you!

That's weird with the win10 thing, can't you launch the game in compatibility mode to fix this?
Does this also happen in the special edition? I just got a gtx1070, I kinda wanna use the powah.
Ps: Vilja & Inigo are pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Win10 is weird itself as it is still unstable along with Skyrim SE, and requires more resources than Win7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
micmou

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Question for ya what would be a good size to go with for Win7 And Skyrim as a partition?

My old X partition for skyrim sits at 100GB and I have 26.6 free would 120gb suffice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:28 pm

micmou wrote:
Question for ya what would be a good size to go with for Win7 And Skyrim as a partition?

My old X partition for skyrim sits at 100GB and I have 26.6 free would 120gb suffice?

If you just want to keep windows 7 + basics and SPM 4.4 probably, SPM 5 already sits at 100+GB and growing.

Back to top Go down
micmou

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:54 pm

RottenDub wrote:
micmou wrote:

If you just want to keep windows 7 + basics and SPM 4.4 probably, SPM 5 already sits at 100+GB and growing.

Would do ya think for SPM 5?

EDIT: Have you checked out the familiar faces mod?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: cool mod   Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:59 am

found this mod on YT and wanted to mention it here, maybe it can find its way to SPM 5 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_Ugr3jA-E
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dostunuz
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:38 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:29 am

For anyone who doesn't want to click, that is
Customizable UI Replacer,
Grandmaster Ursine Armor,
JRC's Witcher Style Sword Pack, and
Spell Research,

The UI Replacer mod looks very cool to me, I love the Dark Souls III style, I wonder which mod adds that Dark Souls quick menu on the bottom left.  Spell Research sounds hardcore and really fun from reading it, I don't know how compatible it is with Rotten's existing spell setup though.  The armor and the swords both look lame to me, but stuff like that is entirely up to personal taste, I don't think you'd have any problem installing them yourself.
While I'm posting, Rotten, do you already have a great retexture for all the dwemer stuff included?  I've just found Ancient Dwemer Metal and the improvement in appearance was shocking. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75610/?

Edit: Damn, Noble Skyrim HD looks incredible too. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807/? It retextures a lot of different things at the same time, so I guess it would likely replace some things already in the pack, but maybe it's better than them.  The different styles of bricks and shingles are great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Tenka wrote:
For anyone who doesn't want to click, that is
Customizable UI Replacer,
Grandmaster Ursine Armor,
JRC's Witcher Style Sword Pack, and
Spell Research,

The UI Replacer mod looks very cool to me, I love the Dark Souls III style, I wonder which mod adds that Dark Souls quick menu on the bottom left.  Spell Research sounds hardcore and really fun from reading it, I don't know how compatible it is with Rotten's existing spell setup though.  The armor and the swords both look lame to me, but stuff like that is entirely up to personal taste, I don't think you'd have any problem installing them yourself.
While I'm posting, Rotten, do you already have a great retexture for all the dwemer stuff included?  I've just found Ancient Dwemer Metal and the improvement in appearance was shocking. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75610/?

Edit: Damn, Noble Skyrim HD looks incredible too. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807/? It retextures a lot of different things at the same time, so I guess it would likely replace some things already in the pack, but maybe it's better than them.  The different styles of bricks and shingles are great.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72238/? for the DS quick menu.
Customizable UI Replacer   in the pack for quite some time so is Spell Research.

Sadly my GPU can't take anymore texture mods atm so i can't really throw it in there.I'll add it to optional installs/reinstall for now so everyone can change things if need be.

Back to top Go down
dostunuz
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 am

I don't understand why are you heavily modifying the textures. It will make the game more demanding than earlier versions. Well, 4.4 already have great graphics so why touch more. Focusing other sections like gameplay content and adding new locations/quests should be more important imo. Also from the look of it plenty of people having savegame issues or something. Isn't that because of heavily demanding graphical content?, ofcourse you know better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 am

Much higher than average retextures being packed into optional and defaultly disabled merged mods should be a comfy compromise.  So we can enable them all with great excitement them fail and limp back home again to disable them after finding out we need to buy even better video cards.  Having them conveniently optional to switch to would be encouraging, but yeah it'd be pretty hard for Rotten to even test until he has a better video card himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Amazing new combat Mod   Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Please take note of this in case you haven't seen it yet:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3pKL6Ch1aU

A new combat mod that makes things way more interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Ultimate Combat 3, TK Dodge 3 and that attack commitment mod look to me to be the way to do combat right in Skyrim, indeed.  It's been talked about here before, but this is the first time I've actually watched a video about the new Ultimate Combat.  Looks wonderful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:56 am

Tenka wrote:
Ultimate Combat 3, TK Dodge 3 and that attack commitment mod look to me to be the way to do combat right in Skyrim, indeed.  It's been talked about here before, but this is the first time I've actually watched a video about the new Ultimate Combat.  Looks wonderful.

I've tried different combination and load order and UC3 doesn't want to coop with the pack it basically makes all NPC carrying a weapon draw 3 times (animation repeats) which you might imagine looks very weird. I'll give it another go later on.

Back to top Go down
ShadowFyre
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Beyond Skyrim Bruma?   Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:14 am

Can we expect to see Beyond Skyrim Bruma added to here? It works great with my installation of 4.4.7 without any problems whatsoever. And what about quest mods?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: OMFG Card Games   Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Children's Card Games are serious business!!! This is an awesome mod, in case you haven't added it yet. It adds a mini game like the Witcher card game

: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64K5W9VdDA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark12000
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for SPM 5.0   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:27 am

ShadowFyre wrote:
Can we expect to see Beyond Skyrim Bruma added to here? It works great with my installation of 4.4.7 without any problems whatsoever. And what about quest mods?
Woah, that'd be awesome! Didn't know that was a thing, it looks sweet as! Definitely second this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Expectations for SPM 5.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!