Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Froze in place on new game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
explosivelemon0
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Froze in place on new game   Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 am

Hello PMS forums, I have recently been trying to install and play Perfectly Modded Skyrim 4.4 and have ran into an issue. So far I have been able to do everything correctly to the point that Mod Organizer shows the correct load order in the left and right panes. I can launch the game through SKSE, and it starts up just fine. It shows some information in the top left hand corner about the ENB version, and then says press Shift + Enter to open the editor (not sure what that does, just thought this info may be important). Now here's the problem: When I start a new game after the loading screen I get a few notifications about involving modsa about guild creation and base building mod and some other stuff. And a lot of notifications display at the top left hand corner (for example certain quests being complete and certain items being acquired). I assume this is part of the pack. My character is also set to nord, which I think maybe theres a way to change race from one of the mods? But during all of this I'm just locked in place looking over a town which I assume is Helgen. I can't move or open any menus except the ESC menu. I have tried to coc whiterun and coc riverwood but I am still frozen when I arrive there (so its not a location glitch). I have also tried using 'enableplayercontrols' in console, which works, but then I have no player animations and my characters stuck in a "t pose." A few things to note - If i load one of the saves that the mod creator made (besides the level 1 save, that one has the same effect as a new game as I'm assuming its a save file FOR a new game.) I am able to load in and play just fine. If there is no way to fix this I can even just load the level 2 save and be stuck with the character thats there, but ideally i can make a new one and change the race. Another thing to note is that this cant possibly be due to a performance issue, my computer has really good specs (7700k, 1080, 16gb ram) so im not freezing, its some kind of bug. I can even see smoke moving and flags and such. 

TL;DR 
So to wrap it up I'm fairly certain I installed correctly, I can start up the game and load into saves that are already created and play just fine (looks amazing btw, props to creator), but when trying to make a new game save I am stuck in place with no ability to move, look around, or open menus that arent the ESC menu. Any help is much appreciated so thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Froze in place on new game   Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 am

That's all perfectly normal and easy to do something about. Great job making it to that point! Hardly anyone who asks for help here has even installed it right.
Rotten's save file you downloaded is probably what you'll want to use, because tons of mods have to be individually configured in the MCM menus when you start a new game, all those messages on the top right you saw were the beginning of that. You can change your race gender and class or whatever with Racemenu, to get to it after loading that save game press the ` key to open the console, then enter "showracemenu" without the quotes, then press the ` again or maybe it was Esc to close the console after Racemenu pops up. Just make or edit your character in there as if you were starting a new game, you can do that as many times as you like.
If you still want to really start a new game and do all of the mod configuration yourself though, just click new game like you did but after you appear in the air or wherever press Esc and open the Mod Configuration Menu for uh, what's it called, the mod that replaced Alternate Start - Live Another Life, I forget the name of it. Someone else'll tell you. Anyways open that MCM menu and set your desired parameters (dragonborn or not, yadda yadda) then click start game or whatever it was. Have fun good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Froze in place on new game   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 am

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Froze in place on new game   

Back to top Go down

Froze in place on new game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1