Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
markmiguel
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order   Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Constantly getting the error "failed to write mod list: failed to open temporary file" 

And when adding custom mods, it does not save the load, resets when relaunching MO thus not showing in the game.

Help please, really loving the mod pack !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 pm

markmiguel wrote:
Constantly getting the error "failed to write mod list: failed to open temporary file" 

And when adding custom mods, it does not save the load, resets when relaunching MO thus not showing in the game.

Right click the Skyrim folder >>> properties >>> Untick read-only >>> Apply.
Make sure you have admin rights when running modorganizer.exe ( Right click modorganizer.exe >>> properties >>> compatibility >>> tick run as admin >>> apply) or just right click MO and select run as admin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
markmiguel
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order   Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 am

RottenDub wrote:
markmiguel wrote:

Right click the Skyrim folder >>> properties >>> Untick read-only >>> Apply.
Make sure you have admin rights when running modorganizer.exe ( Right click modorganizer.exe >>> properties >>> compatibility >>> tick run as admin >>> apply) or just right click MO and select run as admin.

Thank you for replying !

But whenever i untick read-only, it resets back and does not save the changes i've made. Any ideas? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order   Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Well this is normal behavior for windows 10 because it uses "admin rights" and "read only" in different ways than previous version (of windows) did.This is totally fine.

I haven't encountered your error and google didn't provide any solid information on this.
My only shot in the dark ATM is to make sure you have admin rights to all the ".exe"'s in the pack.
It's a pain but then again you only have to do this once. 

Another slim chance is that you don't have full admin rights to the location it's trying to write?

It's an odd error to say the least.I'll try to look a lil bit more into tomorrow as i'm pretty much spent from 2 sleepless nights.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
markmiguel
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order   Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 am

RottenDub wrote:
Well this is normal behavior for windows 10 because it uses "admin rights" and "read only" in different ways than previous version (of windows) did.This is totally fine.

I haven't encountered your error and google didn't provide any solid information on this.
My only shot in the dark ATM is to make sure you have admin rights to all the ".exe"'s in the pack.
It's a pain but then again you only have to do this once. 

Another slim chance is that you don't have full admin rights to the location it's trying to write?

It's an odd error to say the least.I'll try to look a lil bit more into tomorrow as i'm pretty much spent from 2 sleepless nights.

Cheers!

I'll give it a try, thanks again ! :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Constant error from MO & not saving selected added most list order
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!