Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Lantern bug and something about companions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
reshki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Lantern bug and something about companions   Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 pm

So first lanterns. I'm playing a mage and the lantern clips through the back right pouches on most mages robes as you all know. So I switch the mod menu settings of lanterns to put the lantern on the front right instead. Upon doing so it created this smaller lantern in the front right position and has never gone away. I even checked my inventory with console commands it's just there forever or something. When I equip my lantern it put the correct lantern in the front right slot but just clips over top the small lantern model. I don't know why it's there even taking off all my clothes does nothing for it. Really annoying :( Anyway help would be great!

Companions. Okay SO issue one is: None of them draw weapons even though I set the draw weapon distance to max. If I go into the EFF settings and move it a bit then ex, they will draw weapons but only for about a minute or so until they ignore it again. This is not a huge problem, just a gripe that I'd like to be able to fix if possible. 

Issue two: My mage followers. I have the three students from the college with me atm. Onmund, Braylin (or whatever her name is), and J'Zargo. They fight well and I've taught them spells that I've seen them use sometimes. The issue here is I've given them staves and melee weapons that they never use. Ever. Even when they run out of magicka they still do not use these back up weapons. I've tried setting their EFF combat setting to mage as well as default, but they use only their spells still. Anyway to fix this as I know they can use these weapons.

Companion side question: Will they ever utilize spells that target undead only or stamina regen spell or HEAL OTHER spells??? I'd love to have a dedicated healer and Idk if EFO or this modpack in general makes them smart enough for that but damn it'd be cool. OR do AI followers not have the proper intelligence to utilize special new spells that target specific enemies? Will they use the spells but use them all the time on targets that aren't affected? I'll have to test and see I guess. BUT if anyone knows if they can cast friendly healing spells please enlighten me haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lantern bug and something about companions   Wed May 03, 2017 1:20 am

Hello! First the lantern ... Keep "E" pressed for about a second when not looking at any activable object : EG ... Door. The lantern from the front should now be gone, this is from the quicklight mod.

I haven't tested EFF for long enough to answer all your questions but i know you can teach your companions spells that you already know.If you decide to do some further testing i'd love to hear more about it.

EDIT so the way you should go about teaching your followers to heal you is to learn the spell yourself then teach it to them.
You can also use MCM menu >>> Smart Spells to auto cast certain spells automatically yourself in certain conditions you set. Same goes with Smart potions you can use it to auto heal/use pot in certain conditions.

Honestly i forgot if i included both in 4.4 but you can safely add these mods just remember to get the latest versions of them.

Cheers!

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Lantern bug and something about companions   Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 am

@RottenDub wrote:
Hello! First the lantern ... Keep "E" pressed for about a second when not looking at any activable object : EG ... Door. The lantern from the front should now be gone, this is from the quicklight mod.

I haven't tested EFF for long enough to answer all your questions but i know you can teach your companions spells that you already know.If you decide to do some further testing i'd love to hear more about it.
Will try to get rid of lantern now. Yes they are using spells that I taught them but they do not use spells such as "Heal other" from what I can tell. They use the touch holy attack spell on undead BUT it has infinite range with them XD so they just melt undead of all types at maximum range even though it only works in touch range for the player.

As for companions. Still not drawing weapons, they only draw weapons if I recently messed with the setting. My college student followers are not using melee or staves and I know I've seen them do it before even with EFF but that was forever ago. It could be an older version or there could be some hidden issue here. SO when my followers run out of magicka they just get punched in the face repeatedly haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lantern bug and something about companions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!