Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"Skyrim has stopped working" - frequent crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kvothe
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: "Skyrim has stopped working" - frequent crashes   Mon May 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi guys! 

I've installed the game and the mods just as instructed, to the letter. The game does start (although quite slow) and it allows me to play it 5, 10 or 15 minutes. At a random point (while attempting to read a book or while in a fight) the game crashes, it tells me that it stopped working and that's it.

It already happened 4 or 5 times. What do you suggest I should do?

Thank you all in advance and congrats to Perfectly Modded for their hard work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Skyrim has stopped working" - frequent crashes   Mon May 29, 2017 6:50 pm

@Kvothe wrote:
Hi guys! 

I've installed the game and the mods just as instructed, to the letter. The game does start (although quite slow) and it allows me to play it 5, 10 or 15 minutes. At a random point (while attempting to read a book or while in a fight) the game crashes, it tells me that it stopped working and that's it.

It already happened 4 or 5 times. What do you suggest I should do?

Thank you all in advance and congrats to Perfectly Modded for their hard work!

Hello and welcome to the forums!Post you PC specs please and will take it from there.

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: "Skyrim has stopped working" - frequent crashes   Mon May 29, 2017 11:10 pm

Thank for your quick reply!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Skyrim has stopped working" - frequent crashes   Mon May 29, 2017 11:29 pm

The problem is your laptop.As I've said before i don't really recommend playing the pack on a laptop.

That doesn't mean i won't try to help you out.

Firstly see Performance guide to see what you can take out
Main problem is the low frequency of the CPU and the second is the only 8GB of RAM (Your PC and the pack uses around 11GB of RAM when only OS is running if remember correctly) 

*If you mess with texture quality you might get some crashes regarding corrupted .nif files (which aren't any that just the way crash fixes sees it)

If and after you follow performance guide you still get the crashes:

1.Go in an inside cell and. MCM >>> Dyndolod >>> shut it down/uninstall. Save and exit the game.
2.Disable all Dyndolod resources and mods (remember billboards too / this should be near the bottom of your load order in MO's left pane)

IF you still get crashes especially in fights:

1.Go to ASIS MCM (mod config menu by pressing ESC >>> MCM) and set all spawning values to 0
2.Go to Immersive Creatures MCM and make sure all extra spawns are disabled
3.Go to OBIS MCM and make sure bandit spawn rates are OK and if you can lower the spawn rates do so.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

"Skyrim has stopped working" - frequent crashes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!