Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[solved]Skse_loader.exe failed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
don202020
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 am

Hi, I've managed to download it successfully. I've run into a problem, using Steam install, when I try to run MO/SKSE, it comes up with "failed to spawn "skse_loader.exe":failed to start process (The directory name is invalid)
I traced the problem to being the modorganizer.ini
I changed the x:\\ and X:/ as instructed, but found that the following instance was replacing a lot of my changes, and the file itself is not locked for editing and is also Run as Admin checked.

8\workingDirectory=D: Drive Game Folderteamteamappsommonkyrim

A lot of instances where I have changed the above to reflect my actual path to Skyrim, it will change back to the above automatically after I try to run MO/SKSE. I'm unsure what I can do from here. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lin4t
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Yeah, trying to install this pack via Steam is a bitch and a half as I personally found out.

Unfortunately the Steam version likes to make automatic 'adjustments' to the modorganizer.ini that you're facing. It's basically almost impossible to try and play the pack using the Steam version though 'theoretically' possible.

(Refer to this for your issue: http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t613-cannot-start-skse-through-mo-the-directory-path-is-wrong-but-it-keeps-resetting?highlight=skse)

If you then move your files off Steam (to avoid the auto-changes) and into a new folder and then add on a no/cd.exe file over your files to play without Steam like I did and then extract a flesh version of the modorganizer.ini onto your files, you'll eventually fall into the issue that the pathways for FNIS aren't working due to Steam changing them from before.

It basically better to just use a flesh unedited non-steam version of the game and extract the pack over it while in 'X' drive. Seriously it may take you some times to do so, but the hassle isn't worth trying to use the Steam version in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
don202020
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I'll give the intended way a go instead.
Though, the primary reason I did it the Steam way was because I only have a small-sized SSD for my primary windows drive, I am unsure it could take the full size of this mod and steam/skyrim along with windows at the same time.
Is it possible to do this by partitioning X from my slave internal HD(normal non-ssd type)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 pm

don202020 wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. I'll give the intended way a go instead.
Though, the primary reason I did it the Steam way was because I only have a small-sized SSD for my primary windows drive, I am unsure it could take the full size of this mod and steam/skyrim along with windows at the same time.
Is it possible to do this by partitioning X from my slave internal HD(normal non-ssd type)?

Yes you can shrink/create a new partition from an existing dive as per install instructions.

don202020
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:12 am

I managed to force a DVD install via "D:\C Drive Game Folder\Steam\Steam.exe" -install H:
It installed, however it has also installed X:\Skyrim\Steam\Common\etc-etc\Skyrim, instead of into X:\Skyrim\Data and all the other folders. I extracted to X:\Skyrim\Steam\Common\etc-etc\Skyrim anyway, as that was the main folder.
When I try to run Mod organizer.exe, it says it cannot detect any of the mods. None of them are listed at all.

I don't know what I am doing wrong? Is there a way to make it install without Steam forcing itself, or do I need to uninstall steam to get this to install?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:40 am

If you have vanilla Skyrim installed just move it to where the install guide say.Then just get a no-cd crack so the game doesn't need steam anymore ( gamecopyworld is a good place )

Pack will work just fine with steam but requires more tinkering and it's very prone to user error.

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t574-steam-or-more-appropriately-the-lack-of-it?highlight=steam

Cranky
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Quote :
Make a X: partition of 100 GB, download Skyrim to X: (X:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim) then make another folder in X: called "Skyrim" (X:/Skyrim) move over all the Steam Skyrim files to it but make sure you leave these 5 files inside of it. (You have to have these 5 files in both the Steam directory and the modded directory. That's how I got the Steam version to work. (Overlay and achievements work also)

http://i.imgur.com/sd7YIKg.png

This method worked for me.

Make also sure to add X:\Skyrim to antivirus exceptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
don202020
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Skse_loader.exe failed   Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:57 am

That solution from Cranky worked perfectly. Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[solved]Skse_loader.exe failed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!