Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Steam install problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
michael00776
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Steam install problems   Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:43 am

Some of the directories in the mod organizer.ini file are messed up but every time i fix them they change back when i launch mod organizer. Ex: X:/Skyrim/Skyrim Perfectly Modded 4.4/Skyrim/kyrimkyrim Perfectly Modded 4.4kyrimyrimkyrim Perfectly Modded 4.4kyrimkse_loader.exe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cekwebpage
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Steam install problems   Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:21 pm

You need to untick the read-only box in Skyrim folder property
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XStrixx
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Steam install problems   Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:49 pm

If you are using Notepad++ or Notepad to Edit the directories, you have to be careful what you do to them. i suggest keeping an unedited copy of the modorganizer.ini on hand for when this happens.

make sure to use Fin and replace and to type everything in PERFECTLY. just use this, you can copy and past and see how it works for you. Make sure to start with the unedited version of the Modorganizer.ini

Find X:\ replace with  X:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\

Find X:/ replace with   X:\Steam\steamapps\common\

Now obviously dont copy all of it. Just copy starting at X:\\ and X:\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Posija
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Steam install problems   Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:17 pm

@XStrixx wrote:
If you are using Notepad++ or Notepad to Edit the directories, you have to be careful what you do to them. i suggest keeping an unedited copy of the modorganizer.ini on hand for when this happens.

make sure to use Fin and replace and to type everything in PERFECTLY. just use this, you can copy and past and see how it works for you. Make sure to start with the unedited version of the Modorganizer.ini

Find X:\ replace with  X:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\

Find X:/ replace with   X:\Steam\steamapps\common\

Now obviously dont copy all of it. Just copy starting at X:\\ and X:\

If running Windows OS i highly recommend this alternative method - should be included in the official "How to" in my opinion.
http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t583-alternative-steam-install-method

Basically it shows you how to create "dummy" X drive and symlink the dummy drive to your actual Skyrim install drive/folder.

Worked like a charm on first try, did not have ot change my ModOrganizer.ini at all - all the X pathnames worked perfectly no matter the / \ \\ // usage. 

Before stumbling onto the "symlink method" I tried the replacing pathnames in ModOrganizer.ini method but where it got complicated was longer pathnames - for example below one:
X:/Skyrim/MO MODS/BodySlide and Outfit Studio/CalienteTools/BodySlide/BodySlide.exe

According to the guide i should replace:
"X:/" Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"

Lets try it - 
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimMO MODS/BodySlide and Outfit Studio/CalienteTools/BodySlide/BodySlide.exe

So which is it - should i use \ or / in case of X:/? Definetly not both in same path i assume.
(That's a rhetorical question since i'm promoting the alternative install method)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam install problems   

Back to top Go down

Steam install problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!