Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Adding to many mods that add loot to Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Adding to many mods that add loot to Skyrim   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Just a very quick word of advice rather than a tutorial if you add to many items to NPC's leveled (with mods of course) list your bashed patch will throw an error that might be easy to miss and can lead to CTD's

Spent a few days figuring this out with some help i managed to solved it

Quote :
You have mods adding too many items into the same leveled list. The limit is 255 items per list, and bashing fails to combine all entries if their count exceeds that limit.

Caramel
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Stress   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:25 am

Geez Rotten, I do not know how you keep on going haha. Modding just about 50-75 mods is tedious to do, let alone working out conflicts between hundreds of them. Great work!

Forgive me if this is not a suitable question for this thread, I would love to know what made you start making mod packs especially the Skyrim ones that are huge and take so much effort. In my thought process, one would have to truly enjoy it as a hobby/find it challenging and rewarding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adding to many mods that add loot to Skyrim   Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 pm

@Caramel wrote:
Geez Rotten, I do not know how you keep on going haha. Modding just about 50-75 mods is tedious to do, let alone working out conflicts between hundreds of them. Great work!

Forgive me if this is not a suitable question for this thread, I would love to know what made you start making mod packs especially the Skyrim ones that are huge and take so much effort. In my thought process, one would have to truly enjoy it as a hobby/find it challenging and rewarding.

Funny thing is i wanted to write a very detailed and long post about why i started to mod and why i create mod packs, but i always change my mind.At first i started to mod games to avoid getting into big problems and very bad habits I've had at the time
 (not going to go in the details but almost died 2 times and almost went to jail) and to take my mind away from my father's death.Then it started to change into much more and something i enjoyed doing and helping other people.That's the short story of it.

Caramel
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Adding to many mods that add loot to Skyrim   Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

"I've had at the time"

It sounds like things are better for you now, that is great news. It is completely understandable that you don't want to go into details, I'll just continue to think you are some type of wizard :P

I am not a mod developer but I am involved in the modding scene with GTA 5, specifically the community around LSPDFR. I spend time helping people troubleshoot mods so I can relate in doing it to help people. Obviously this is on a  much smaller scale then massive mod packs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Adding to many mods that add loot to Skyrim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: Tutorials-
Jump to:  

Free counters!