Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!
 
HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Don't understand what wrong :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Don't understand what wrong :(   Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi, i have Skyrim on Steam. So installed on C:\

I copied all the files on the steamapps/skyrim

But i don't understand why i have to install modorganizer on X:, and what is "X:\\". 

I open ModOrganizer from my desktop, and i can't see any mods...

What can i do? I don't want to have a partition just for a game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cekwebpage
New Face!
New Face!


Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

X:\ or X:/ is generic name drive. You have to replace them with your installed Skyrim directory

i.e "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Yeah...The problem is that i follow the tutorial, but when i launch ModOrganizer, the mods aren't there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:11 am

@jaceneliot wrote:
Yeah...The problem is that i follow the tutorial, but when i launch ModOrganizer, the mods aren't there...
No parition was made,no instructions were followed.

__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:25 am

Hi ! Thanks!

But in the steam tutorial, there is nothing with partitions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cekwebpage
New Face!
New Face!


Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:36 pm

I read about someone actually cut Skyrim from Steam Library and paste outside to make crack version. maybe try that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Dude^^ I mean, i buy my games, it's not for have different folder..Is there any solution for have a clean Skyrim? I tough this mod was "easy" to install
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:
Dude^^ I mean, i buy my games, it's not for have different folder..Is there any solution for have a clean Skyrim? I tough this mod was "easy" to install
It's a few click install if you follow the tutorial.Steam install is not supported, as stated, this is not a mod it's a modpack.

__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Yeah, but there is a tutorial for steam...

I understand that, but, you can understand i don't want to create a partition just for playing one game...And i believed the purpose of this modPACK was simplifie mods...Because i have to partition my drive, i'll think about install all the mod one per one...

Do you think they can fix that (huge for me) problem of complicated installation?

To be honest with you, i was looking for a installator modpack. Is there impossible to do? Or just a mod pack but whitout partitions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:
Yeah, but there is a tutorial for steam...

I understand that, but, you can understand i don't want to create a partition just for playing one game...And i believed the purpose of this modPACK was simplifie mods...Because i have to partition my drive, i'll think about install all the mod one per one...

Do you think they can fix that (huge for me) problem of complicated installation?

To be honest with you, i was looking for a installator modpack. Is there impossible to do? Or just a mod pack but whitout partitions...
An installation would mean bigger download download size 70GB for 4.4 and 150-160GB for SPM5 and it wouldn't change much.

This was though over many times ( the install process ) and it was the simplest way that i could think to make it as easy and error free as possible.

If you don't want to make another partition (stated in the install process) you should follow the steam guide to the lettter and even then it's error prone if you mistype just a letter or number.

And if none can be make you should mod the game yourself or try another pack.Not trying to be salty here just speaking my mind.

__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:27 pm

I see but why so angry? I'm not salty, i just say things. Calm down for a minut. I just wonder why we need to do such a heavy thing like partition our disk. 

And my point was i followed the guide for steam and it doesn't work, the mods doesn't appear in ModOrganizer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:44 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:
I see but why so angry? I'm not salty, i just say things. Calm down for a minut. I just wonder why we need to do such a heavy thing like partition our disk. 

And my point was i followed the guide for steam and it doesn't work, the mods doesn't appear in ModOrganizer.

I'm not angry or trying to be salty,just expressing my point of view here.

Takes a few minutes to partition a disk and a few minutes to delete that space again if you don't need it or relocate it.

Many people successfully edited their ini's (which i don't recommend) to fit their setup and drive letter to either C:\ D:\ G:\ E:\ F:\ and so forth but that's something not everybody can do,and it's prone to user errors. 

"And my point was i followed the guide for steam and it doesn't work, the mods doesn't appear in ModOrganizer"


 If you would've done that correctly everything would work just fine,same as many people managed to do and same as many people failed to do and that's why it's not a supported option.


I can understand your frustration as nobody likes it when things do go their way and please understand i'm not trying to be aggressive here just point out the facts.This steam install discussion has been discussed many times on the forums and i've tried to help when i can but it's hard to answer the same question a hundred times and no one wants to get it or listen to the guide.


•Depending on you attention span and patience reading the instructions this could be a breeze or a "hard thing to do"
•Can be a few clicks solution if you read carefully.
•Do not download this pack if you mind a little reading.
•Do not download this pack if you don't want to make another partition on your PC.




•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk



Pack uses a lot of extra tools that point out to specific file-paths if you don't have the knowledge to modify the paths it would lead to some parts not working,working incorrectly so CTD's.


It's not just Modorganizer and Skyrim it's an amalgam of software and tools that work together in synergy.

__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 pm

I understand, but you said i was "salty", and i was not, just asking some questions...

I'll read again this guide. But understand english is not my primary langage (no shit^^) and it's difficult to understand everythings...

Is there any more simple modpack^^ I mean, i don't see any problems for a little bit of reading, and i know a few things on computers, but is there anymod pack without partitions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:18 pm

No problem English is not primary language either, i wasn't saying that you were salty (mean etc) i was saying that i wasn't trying to be salty towards you 

"The act of being upset, angry, or bitter as result of being made fun of or embarrassed. Also a characteristic of a person who feels out of place or is feeling attacked."

__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Jonign
Rookie poster
Rookie poster


Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:26 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:

Is there any more simple modpack^^ I mean, i don't see any problems for a little bit of reading, and i know a few things on computers, but is there anymod pack without partitions?
Honestly, making a partition IS simple. It's a helluva lot more simple than getting all these mods to work together yourself, anywho. 

As for not wanting to pirate the game, you don't have to. Just download a NOCD crack and copy & paste your Skyrim folder from your steam installation to X:\
You've already paid Bethesda for their software so there's no moral issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:38 pm

@Jonign wrote:
@jaceneliot wrote:

Is there any more simple modpack^^ I mean, i don't see any problems for a little bit of reading, and i know a few things on computers, but is there anymod pack without partitions?
Honestly, making a partition IS simple. It's a helluva lot more simple than getting all these mods to work together yourself, anywho. 

As for not wanting to pirate the game, you don't have to. Just download a NOCD crack and copy & paste your Skyrim folder from your steam installation to X:\
You've already paid Bethesda for their software so there's no moral issue.

Argh i'm not sure you understand my point. I obviously know how to make a partition^^ It's not the problem, the problem is that (maybe i'm a little bit fussy) i don't want to have multiple partitions, and even less just for one game...For me it's like change your 4 tires on your car just for drive once a mouth on dirt road...IDK....

And the crack, it's the same thing...I paid for have a clean library on steam, have my hour counter...Not for have to download a crack and have a diffrent folder...

Can you see my point? Or i appear as crazy for you^^

Just for be sure, beacause i don't understand everything i read in english :

Can i or not, install this modpack with my game on steam, with actual folder? Is it possible? Without partitions or crack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonign
Rookie poster
Rookie poster


Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:02 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:
@Jonign wrote:
@jaceneliot wrote:

Is there any more simple modpack^^ I mean, i don't see any problems for a little bit of reading, and i know a few things on computers, but is there anymod pack without partitions?
Honestly, making a partition IS simple. It's a helluva lot more simple than getting all these mods to work together yourself, anywho. 

As for not wanting to pirate the game, you don't have to. Just download a NOCD crack and copy & paste your Skyrim folder from your steam installation to X:\
You've already paid Bethesda for their software so there's no moral issue.

Argh i'm not sure you understand my point. I obviously know how to make a partition^^ It's not the problem, the problem is that (maybe i'm a little bit fussy) i don't want to have multiple partitions, and even less just for one game...For me it's like change your 4 tires on your car just for drive once a mouth on dirt road...IDK....

And the crack, it's the same thing...I paid for have a clean library on steam, have my hour counter...Not for have to download a crack and have a diffrent folder...

Can you see my point? Or i appear as crazy for you^^

Just for be sure, beacause i don't understand everything i read in english :

Can i or not, install this modpack with my game on steam, with actual folder? Is it possible? Without partitions or crack?
From what I understand the steam install is just an all-around hack job, people have issues with directory names being too long etc. 
It CAN be done, it's just far more complicated and error-prone than doing it the recommended way. You also say that you struggle to read English, and the instructions are in English from what I can see, so maybe take the easy way?

As you say, it's only one game so why does your hour counter matter? Once you are done with the mod-pack there is nothing stopping you from deleting the partition and cracked game.

What I can tell you with absolute certainty is that installing the mod-list yourself, manually downloading and merging everything from the Nexus and getting it to work smoothly is going to eat hundreds of hours of your life, no doubt Rotten has spent as much time in MO as Skyrim itself. 

Installing a partition and downloading a NOCD crack? A couple of hours at most! I spent more time extracting the mod-pack than anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Yo! So i retry :

Is that correct?  


I followed the tutorial but this part wasn't really correct. 

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonign
Rookie poster
Rookie poster


Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:
Yo! So i retry :

Is that correct?  


I followed the tutorial but this part wasn't really correct. 

Thanks
I haven't tried the steam install but at a glance, I'd say your directories are wrong.
You have a lot of / where you should have \.

For example: 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim/DynDOLOD 

should be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD

At least I think that's your issue. Don't know whether that will fix the problem for you, but it's worth a try.

P.S I still think you should just take the easy route.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 pm

Mmh, i see the mod in ModOrganizer so that's not a problem. 

The tutorial : 

Step 4: Open File "Modorganizer.ini" in your Skyrim Folder using Notepad or Notepad++

[list="padding-right: 0px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin: 5px 0px !important; padding-left: 3em !important; list-style-position: outside !important; list-style-image: initial !important;"]
[*]Press CTRL+H for Notepad and Notepad++ to bring up the Find & Replace Window


[*]Find "X:\\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim"


[*]Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim"

[/list]






I did that :)
















I have that. Everything seems works, exept i can't launch with SKSE. Don't know why. I have more mods i should too. 


​*ModOrganizer.exe is found in X:\Skyrim don't install in C:\ as some users have!
*Mods in left pane should end with 204 and sorted by priority automatically.
*Mods in right pane should be 143.


Thanks



EDIT: The thing you said about "\" and "/" is weird because it's not me who write the one you want i change. I just followed the tutorial...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 am

Looks like you got Mod organizer to understand where it is and where the mods are located (with a correct load order) but not the other paths to the tools used in the pack including SKSE.exe


__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
jaceneliot
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:18 pm

I corrected all the entries manually. It was not my fault. There was many errors in the file, like bad paths i never wrote. I don't understand, but now it seems to be okay :)


EDIT : Everything seems good, but the start of the game is bugged as hell. Don't know if it's normal, i just wanted the normal start, but i start in front of a village in fire (Helgen?), and i can't move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:19 pm

@jaceneliot wrote:
I corrected all the entries manually. It was not my fault. There was many errors in the file, like bad paths i never wrote. I don't understand, but now it seems to be okay :)


EDIT : Everything seems good, but the start of the game is bugged as hell. Don't know if it's normal, i just wanted the normal start, but i start in front of a village in fire (Helgen?), and i can't move.


__________________________
You should...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Don't understand what wrong :(   

Back to top Go down
 
Don't understand what wrong :(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!